Officers at Bury Council, Waste Management Service have devised a new initiative called the ‘Litter bin sponsorship scheme’ as part of Bury’s strategy to make the borough a ‘Cleaner, Safer Greener place’.
· The scheme enables stakeholders such as businesses, residents, community groups, voluntary organisations, schools and colleges, individuals etc. to cover the costs of purchase and installation of a new litter bin.
· In return the sponsors name will appear on the bin and the Council will commit to empty the bin regularly after installation.
· The aim is to encourage the community to actively make use of these community facilities by placing their litter in the bins provided.
· The scheme currently makes available the two following types of litter bins for sponsorship:
o Ground fixed, 100 litre capacity @£250 (see attached sample bins & stickers document).
o Post or wall mounted, 25 litre capacity @£80 or £130 if a new post is required (see attached sample bins & stickers document).
o Prices include installation
· So far 5 different stakeholders have sponsored a total of 7 bins which have been installed.
· The initiative will be launched shortly with a press release to encourage a more widespread take.
· The initiative will continue to be developed as each bin is sponsored and sited. It will include an awareness raising campaign with relevant Press Releases being submitted.
We hope you will actively and where possible financially support this important initiative. If you require any further information, want to discuss further or sponsor any bins, then please contact Talat Afzal (Recycling & Sustainability Officer) tel: 0161 253 6630 or email: email@example.com