- Dispute regarding fees for respite at a care home, ongoing.
- Complaints from neighbours re the untidy former site of Woodbury at Wesley St. I have contacted the Agent and St Vincent’s who are to develop the site and made them aware of residents views.
- Information received re irresponsible dog owners on Boothway. Owners have had a visit from Council Officers and warned that not cleaning up after their dogs will result in a heavy fine.
- Blocked grids I reported on Booth St have at last been cleaned .
- Victims of the Boxing Day floods at several Tottington Ward locations are disappointed in the time it is taking for the Council to investigate, ongoing.
- Complaint received regarding outstanding debt owed by Six Town Housing to a local business, now resolved.
- Complaints received re Planning Officers of current planning legislation in Bury Town centre.
- Complaints received re near derelict house on Boothway. This is most unfair on neighbours who have to look at this eyesore. Tottington Cllrs are pressing for action.
- A resident contacted me re a national investigation regarding end of life care. I passed on contact details of a local GP who is dealing with this issue.
- Complaints received re privacy and flooding on residents from the impact of the new Elton School.
- Complaint received regarding overhanging trees onto gardens in Rhine Close from the Kirklees Trail. Now resolved.
- Complaints received re the missing bollards which has resulted in Claybank Drive being used as a rat run. Lockable drop down bollards are now to replace the bollards left by Council staff in the bushes.
News re my involvement with several local charities
My project for a multi purpose Bandstand /Canopy facility to allow charities to fundraise is on going. The plans are almost ready to submit.
I have arranged and am to accompany a group of people with severe and enduring mental illness to the theatre (Mama Mia) in June. This all expenses treat to the group is due to a fundraising event I helped organise last year. The Group will also enjoy a pre theatre meal and free transport.
I continue to spend time in the Blind Society on Mondays and presently we are preparing for Christmas fundraising events.
I have spent many hours preparing for the fundraising fashion show I am organising for Age uk at the Jubilee Centre on Saturday afternoon on 23rd April.
I have attended 2 Board meetings of Shopmobility.
I helped to organise a fundraising quiz for the Blind Society.
I attended a full Council Meeting. Our Group put a motion forward on anti Semitism but our speaker was gagged by the Mayor when leading Labour supporters were mentioned. We have to endure Tory bashing during every meeting !!!!
The local elections are just days away and I have been out campaigning in several areas.