Greg (on the right in the hi-vis jacket) campaigning for lower speed limits on Turton Road
Although we are now in Summer Recess for Bury Council meetings, Ward Cases are still plentiful. This week I have been dealing with several issues, some on-going.
- Concerns regarding new regulations to remove plants from hallways at Harwood House.
- More complaints regarding vibration and damage to property from residents of Bury Road due to the affects of building new houses nearby.
- Request for trees to be cut back on Council land at the rear of Rhode Street.
- Concerns regarding slippery surfaces at Castle Leisure pool for ladies at Aqua Aerobics classes. This is being investigated.
- I have advised constituents to contact David Nuttall on issues not related to the Council.
- have left updated leaflets on the Local Link in both the Library and Post Office ( Market Street). This is the subsidised taxi service available in some areas of the Ward. Pick up a leaflet for more info.
- Good to see land at Walshaw Cross now looking better than the grot spot it once was.
- A public notice has again appeared in the Bury Times this week regarding the reduction in speed limits on Turton Road. Lets hope most of the red tape is now sorted and the reductions will be implemented very soon.
- I have been delighted to have had lots of prizes donated this week for the Tombola I am organising in the autumn. This fundraiser is to fund a day trip for people with severe and enduring mental illness.