Update from Yvonne 16th June 2019.
I am dealing with lots of casework at present :-
- Two overgrown trees impacting on neighbours on Walshaw Park and this is ongoing.
- No pick up of a brown bin …no tag to state contaminated, this now resolved.
- Request for Planning Enforcement due to the lack of tree screening as conditioned in approved application, this is ongoing.
- Modification needed at Harwood House Bedsit, this is now resolved.
- Clarification of 20 mph zones in Tottington, this is ongoing.
- Alleged tipping issues Turton Road, this is ongoing.
- Given advice regarding a Planning application.
- Again complained regarding overgrown trees on walkways on Booth Farm Estate.
I have attended ;
- Blind Society Events Meeting.
- Blind Society Board Meeting.
- Licensing Meeting.
- Tottington Centre Board Meetings.
- Tottington Centre Fundraising Sub Committee Meeting.
- Inaugural meeting of Booth Farm Estate Neighbourhood Watch.
- Equality Training session.
- Meetings ongoing with Market Traders issues .
This forthcoming week I will be attending my first meeting on the Board of ELR.
I helped raise funds for the library at Ramsbottom Farmers Market selling preloved books. I attended the Boules afternoon in Affetside …well organised as usual !
I attended a Fundraising wine tasting night at The Tottington Centre.
I have passed on to Council Officers a suggestion that grass verges could have wild flowers which will look attractive and save on mowing.
Pleased to report that both Tottington High and Elton have taken on my suggestion for an essay competition regarding our planet. Also both Walshaw and Tottington
Primary schools have agreed to launch a poster Competition …..regarding irresponsible dog owners who don’t pick up. Trying to push the Councils suggestion of groups, schools, businesses or organisations to sponsor litter bins….which would support the work of all the Litter Picking Groups.The Tottington Centre are to sponsor a bin.
I am very busy preparing for our second village Fete to be held on the library car park next Sunday 23 rd June commencing at 11 am. We have lots of craft stalls plus stalls selling pre loved toys,children’s clothes,handbags, fashion jewellery….bric a brac …home made produce….BBQ…tea room open too….plus lots of children’s activities.
Please bring any cakes for the Big Totty Bake Off competition before 1pm on Sunday
Scarecrows for the competition need to be brought in the centre before next Sunday so that they can be displayed for judging.
I do not usually mention my private life on here but wish to make an exception today.
A few weeks ago I went on a trip to Poland and visited the concentration camps.The harrowing images will stay with me forever. I was heartened to see so many young people there too.
Last weekend a close friend of mine Lily Reid passed away. Lily worked tirelessly for decades in a VOLUNTARY capacity helping those with severe and enduring mental illness and their Carers in Bury. I nominated her for several awards and was present in Buckingham Palace when the Queen presented her with her MBE. I’m very proud to have had this compassionate lady as a friend.
Some of my many “clean up kits” placed around the Ward aimed at irresponsible dog owners have been removed . Some I have replenished with bags ……please feel free to support this idea and place extra bags in the bottles…it helps your area stay clean.
Lots of support on social media for wild flowers being sown on verges to save on costs of mowing. I have passed this onto Council Officers who are giving the suggestion consideration.